Getting immunized with travel vaccines is a good investment in your health for several reasons:
- Many diseases are spread through contaminated food and water, and since you are going to eat and drink while you travel, it is wise to be protected.
- In many countries diseases such as hepatitis A and typhoid fever are endemic (always present) and can present a major health threat.
- Some countries will require proof of vaccination against certain diseases before they permit entry.
- Several travel vaccines will also protect against diseases found here in Canada. (e.g. Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B)
- As an added benefit, many vaccines offer protection for 10 years to a lifetime, which means safe and worry-free travel for years to come.